INSIDE: When we adopt an attitude of lifelong learning, it elicits personal development and ensures you are effectively leading your community. Here are some resources to help!
Community leaders play an important role in establishing and maintaining the health of a community. They take initiative, drive positive change, introduce innovation, and empower their communities by sharing knowledge and skills with their group.
Anyone in a leadership position can benefit from lifelong learning. Being a lifelong learner will ensure your skills continue to grow and evolve with societal change and advancements in human understanding.
The Benefits of Lifelong Learning
Learning can benefit your life and work in countless ways. Whether you’re looking to enact change in your community or find balance in your personal life, learning will help you achieve your goals.
- Continuing to learn will exercise your brain and keep your cognitive skills strong.
- Advancing your education is a great way to network with other leaders and connect with new ideas.
- Research shows that lifelong learning can help you feel fulfilled, balanced, and happy.
Online Learning Opportunities
You don’t have to put your career on hold to pursue an education. There are plenty of opportunities out there to help you continue learning online!
- There are a number of ways to advance your education without quitting your day job.
- For example, you can earn your bachelor’s degree from an online school like the University of Phoenix, which offers 34 programs of study resulting in a bachelor’s.
- Educational articles and videos can also offer plenty of leadership guidance.
Learning on the Go
Look for ways to continue your learning during commutes or household chores. Popping in an audiobook or an educational podcast is a great place to start!
- Read books—or listen to audiobooks—written by leaders you admire.
- Podcasts can also serve as a great source of leadership advice.
How to Get Hands-On Experience
Reading books will only get you so far. To extract the most value out of your learning, look for opportunities to get hands-on experience!
- Look for volunteer opportunities in your local community.
- Teach a community course! Sharing your knowledge with others is one of the best ways to advance your understanding.
- Lead community projects and implement the concepts you’ve learned to achieve success.
Don’t stop learning when you graduate from school. If you want to be a strong and effective community leader, lifelong learning is key! Continuing your education will help you become a leader who inspires, motivates, and empowers social support throughout your community.