You see them everywhere and you probably even hear about them everywhere. So what is all the hoopdy-doo?
Blogs are almost essential nowadays if you want to have a presence online and if you want to increase your visibility. Here are some of the biggest reasons why:
1) Blogs increase traffic to your website through SEO (search engine optimization) - search engines love fresh content so when you are constantly updating your clog, you are constantly telling the search engines your website is important for it to recognize.
2) Blogs generate sales when you link to them on social media - One of the best ways to get seen is to post links to your blogs on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Especially when you have targeted your followers, you will find a lot of people visiting your blog through a link you post, and then potentially hiring you.
3) Blogs can be converted into other forms of marketing so that you are leveraging your time and efforts. You can expand upon a blog and turn it into an article. You can turn it into a podcast or video, or a book of blogs.
4) Blogs help visitors to your site know that you are credible and knowledgeable. By posting consistent, useful information on your blog each week, you establish yourself as an expert in your field.
5) Blogs keep you creative and inspired. When you have to constantly come up with new topics to write on, it forces you to keep abreast of your industry and your competition. You'll find yourself feeling smarter than you did before you started blogging!